TAMPA DRUG ADDICTION RECOVERY PROGRAMS FOR PROFESSIONALS
With over 25 years of experience helping professionals overcome their addictions
Drug addiction is a common problem that can affect people from all walks of life. There are many different types of habit-forming drugs that can lead to addiction, including narcotics, painkillers, cocaine, and heroin, and it is important to seek help for any of these addictions, which can have life-threatening consequences. It is not easy to break the bonds of addiction, but the treatment programs at HealthCare Connection of Tampa can be a big help. We do not have a one-size-fits-all approach to drug rehab, but instead we tailor the recovery process to each patient, specializing in rehabilitation for working professionals who face unique sources of stress in their addictions.
Addiction isn’t just for the homeless and unemployed—many people manage to hold onto their careers for years while struggling with addiction. For these professionals, however, it’s only a matter of time before their addiction interferes with their professional and personal lives. If you are a healthcare professional or lawyer who is struggling with drugs, contact HealthCare Connection of Tampa. We have years of experience helping professionals overcome their addictions and get their careers back on track.
Healthcare Professionals and Addiction
When most people think of addiction, they think of destitute individuals living on the street. However, many healthcare professionals are susceptible to addiction.
- Easy Access: Nurses, doctors, and pharmacists spend much of their time administering or distributing pharmaceutical drugs to their patients. For many professionals, the proximity to powerful drugs is too much to resist.
- High Stress: Being responsible for others’ wellbeing is a tremendous burden. In an effort to deal with the stress of their responsibilities, some medical professionals self-medicate with drugs.
- High Risk: A medical professional with a drug abuse problem isn’t just a threat to himself, but to his patients. If a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist continues with his drug habit, he will likely make a mistake that causes significant harm to a patient.
Why Professional Rehab Services Are Important
Drug addiction is complex, in that there are physical, mental, and emotional factors driving an individual to continue to use drugs despite the negative consequences that may arise from their drug use. A professional approach to recovery will be helpful in identifying the root cause of an addiction and offering practical solutions to prevent relapse in real-world situations.
Types of Drug Rehab Therapies
Psychological therapies are essential for a complete recovery from drug addiction, which is why our center offers a variety of therapies to personalize treatment for every patient. Here’s a closer look at the proven techniques we utilize in our programs.
- Counseling – Both one-on-one and group counseling sessions are used in our center, as these types of therapy offer time for self-reflection and growth.
- Neurobiofeedback – This unique therapy is a computerized biofeedback technique that actually alters brain chemistry to help control drug cravings and stressors that lead to drug use.
- 12-Step Program – The 12-Step Program has been around for nearly a century, and it is effective for all types of addiction, because it allows individuals to come face to face with past behaviors and identify the reasons why sober living is so important for them.
Drug Rehabilitation Process
No drug habit is sustainable. If you are a healthcare professional or lawyer who struggles with drugs, you should seek help before you end up hurting yourself, your family, and your patients or clients.
- Recognizing the Problem: The first step is accepting that you are suffering from addiction. Unfortunately, many people don’t accept that they have a problem until after a devastating life event.
- Managing the Consequences: After acknowledging the addiction, it’s time to seek professional treatment at an addiction recovery program. HealthCare Connection of Tampa can help you address criminal charges or any other consequences of your drug habit as you focus on recovery.
- Treatment and Recovery: The treatment process at HealthCare Connection of Tampa involves two 12-step meetings each week for a few months. After you complete the program, we’ll make sure you have the support you need to stay drug-free for the rest of your life.
Drug Rehabilitation Timeline
At HealthCare Connection of Tampa, we do not have a set timeline for drug rehabilitation, because every client will be different. Typically, treatment will last anywhere from 60-90 days, though recovery is not measured in days, but rather in phases. The first phase will consist of detox and acclimation. This is followed by intensive psychological care in our beautiful and comfortable residential facilities.
Call HealthCare Connection of Tampa to learn more about our Recovering Attorneys’ Program and our Healthcare Professionals Program. We’ll work hard to make sure you receive precisely the kind of drug addiction treatment you need.
Finally, treatment will focus on reintegration into daily life with the support of family and loved ones. To learn more about our programs and treatment philosophies for all types of drug addiction, give us a call at (813) 931-5560.